Profile of Dr. Luis Pisco
Born: 18 July 1956, Porto - Portugal
1979 - Graduated as MD from the University of Coimbra.
1983 - General Practitioner in the municipality of Caldas da Rainha.
1984 - Graduated as Occupational Doctor by the National Public Health School of Lisbon.
1991 - Assistant of General Practice
1995 - Consultant of General Practice
2001 - Head of Service of General Practice
• President of the Portuguese Association of General Practitioners. 1999-01; 2002-04; 2005-08.
• Board member of the European Society of Family Medicine Wonca Europe (2001-2003 and 2004-2007)
• Since 1991, has been the Portuguese delegate to the European Working Group on Quality Assurance (EQuiP).
• Since 1992 until the end of the Society board member of the Societas Internacionalis Medicinae Generalis (SIMG)
A long-term interest in Quality Improvement:
• Adviser of the Department of Promotion and Quality Assurance of the Health General Directorate of the Ministry of Health, since January 95.
• Since September of 1997, has been working at the National Secretariat for Quality of the General Health Directorate of the Ministry of Health.
• Since April of 1999 till October 2005, Director of the National Institute for Quality in Health.
• Since October 2005, Coordinator of the National Mission Unit for the Reform of Primary Health Care.
Co-ordinator and trainer in Courses on Quality Assurance and Continuous Quality Improvement at national and international level.
<< Go back to Editorial Board